http://cur.cursors-4u.net/cursors/images11/cur1058.gif

Monday 26 September 2016

Unit 2 Activity 2: Managing Files in Computer


Activity 2

Share how you normally manage your files in your computer. Compare with the feedbacks from others too.

Normally I will open one place for all documents. That means I will place all documents under a single "root"folder For a single user in a Windows environment the default location is the My Documents folder. Having a single location for all documents makes it easier to find things and to run backups and archives. Next, I will also create folders in a logical hierarchy. I normally use plain language to name my folders so that I won’t look at the list of folders in the future and wondering what abbreviation that I invented means. Besides, I will also be specific and give the files a logical, specific names and include dates in file names if possible. The goal when naming files is to be able to tell what the file is about without having to open it and look. If we are sharing files via email or portable devices you may want to have the file name include more specific information, since the folder information will not be included with the shared file.

            
Instead, many people do the same way by managing their files by creating a folder then stored the files inside the folder and last giving a name for a folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment